CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 26, 2012

Fears

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


1. BIRDS: Well, if I could come up with the picture where this all started (although its buried in my moms huge collection) I would. But it all started with a trip to Maui. My grandparents, being the nomads that they are, lived there for quite awhile when I was growing up. We would go visit every year. So when I was about 4 a photographer approached us in the little shopping center with a parrot on his shoulder and wondered if we wanted a picture. The whole family was there, so obviously the answer was yes. The directions were simple: each of us put one hand under the bird while it laid belly up on our hands. Smile. Click! Simple, right? WRONG. The parrot went NUTS when my brother (being 3 at the time) started crying. It flapped and flapped trying to get away. All of this trauma at the bold age of 5 is not something a girl forgets, let me tell you. Those birds are vicious creatures ready to peck out your eyeballs at any minute.

2. FAILURE: Like everyone, I want to succeed. What I never can grasp my head around is the failure that must happen before you succeed. So when I do fail, I get a bit dramatic. You know, the whole "my world is ending" or "I'm never going to amount to anything" sort of thing. Either way, failure doesn't sit well with me. I'm afraid. It happens to people everyday. For some its small defeats, for others its life changing. I think it stems from the fear of disappointment from the people closest to me. But that's normal, right?

3. HAUNTED HOUSES: All things fearful in one building? No thanks, I'll pass. I've only been in one, and tried to walk out of the exit the first chance I got. That could have been because of the fib that was told to me that midgets would chase me through it...but who knows. We also went for homecoming my sophomore year of high school, although me and my best friend didn't go in we still got the thrill of a chase from the grim reaper around the back alley of Bed Bath & Beyond. Joy.

0 comments: